You are viewing a single comment's thread from:

RE: How much should pastors or non for profits make?

in #discussion6 years ago

Nice post. I've been thinking about your points. I think pastors should be paid according to their work. This is what I mean by that; they should be paid according to whether they are employed or not. Employed pastors, that's to say full time pastors should be given money enough to cater for their selves and families. And those pastors who are not full time should be given just some amount to show an appreciation for their hardwork. I've seen most pastors who are not full time reject payments. I read the biography of George Muller who lived as a full time pastor and never received any money because of his work as a pastor. That was his own choice. Some pastors are greedy and though they have enough to live by, they still receive huge sums of money from their churches.

17 The elders who rule well are to be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who work hard at preaching and teaching. 18 For the Scripture says, "YOU SHALL NOT MUZZLE THE OX WHILE HE IS THRESHING," and "The laborer is worthy of his wages." (1 Timothy 5:17-18, NASB)
As for my stance on the non profit organizations I think they deserve the wages according to their hardwork.

Money is sometimes dangerous . Especially those who desire to get rich.

8 If we have food and covering, with these we shall be content. 9 But those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a snare and many foolish and harmful desires which plunge men into ruin and destruction. 10 For the love of money is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs. (1 Timothy 6:8-10, NASB)

Sort:  

I agree they should be paid according to their work. As in any profession, the salaries should correlate with the type of work and the revenue it generates. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Welcome friend.

Coin Marketplace

STEEM 0.20
TRX 0.13
JST 0.030
BTC 61378.39
ETH 3380.07
USDT 1.00
SBD 2.48